Searching for Scorpio Facts? Here are some interesting astrology traits of the fire sign of the Scorpio zodiac.
Ironically, although they’re one of the water signs, Scorpio’s are often mistaken for a fire sign. This is most likely due to their intensity and harsh tendencies. The truth is, these people are actually a deeply emotional and sensitive sign like their element.
Sure, they may have this intimidating aura around them, but they’re the most loyal friend and partner you could ever ask for. Their incredible passion and power also allow them to comfortably show their ambitious side and authentic selves. But like its fellow water signs, Scorpio is remarkably intuitive and clairvoyant.
What is a Scorpio? Astrology Facts and FAQ About This Water sign
Want to know more about Scorpio? This article will tell you.
Scorpios are people born between October 23 and November 21.
Below are some facts about Scorpio:
- Scorpio has two planetary rulers: Pluto (rebirth and transformation) and Mars (energy and passion).
- Its element is water along with Cancer and Pisces and is known for being fluid and emotional.
- Obviously, this sign is symbolized by the Scorpion, which stings their prey with their tails. Befittingly, Scorpios are believed to be rather vengeful and cunning.
- Iron is connected to Scorpio, hinting at power, courage, and protection.
- Its closest gemstone is topaz, symbolizing vibrancy, and strength.
- Scorpio’s color associations are deep red, brown, gold, and purple
- This water sign belongs to the eight houses, being the 8th sign of the zodiac.
- Like its celestial spirit animal, Scorpios are calculative individuals, lying in wait and striking when least expected.
What is the personality of a Scorpio?
Scorpios shouldn’t be taken lightly, as beneath their emotional and sensitive side is a distinctive venomous sting when provoked. People born under this sign are typically dead set on learning about others. As one of the most independent signs, Scorpios value their personal alone time. They perform well by themselves and are more than happy to be their own company. Many Scorpios have this air of mystery and dark cloud, which is probably influenced by their ability to keep secrets well and feel intensely.
Scorpios are known for their calm and cool behavior, coupled with an enigmatic appearance. Often, people see them as fiercely determined even as a child, since they tend to mature quicker than most because of their independence. As such, they make great leaders because of their amazing dedication to what they do. Plus, they’re fearless when it comes to new and challenging things. They’re the type of person who will stand up for others.
Again, a Scorpio is an extremely deep and emotional person, so his/her jealousy and distrustful streak can show up. Still, this sign is characterized by bravery and boldness, therefore, they usually have tons of friends. Needless to say, these individuals are some of the most interesting people, albeit also frequently misunderstood.
What are Scorpio Strengths?
Like the power-hungry people that they are, Scorpios have big ambitions. And with a strong competitive characteristic thrown in the mix, many of them are bound for greatness. They don’t let it get to them when someone tells them their goals are impossible.
When a Scorpio is committed to something or someone, they do this wholeheartedly. They value trust and honesty, which makes them a fiercely loyal sign, especially as a partner. They would do anything to prove their devotion to their family, friends, or significant others.
One of the most distinctive traits of Scorpios is their strong determination, which plays a huge role in the success of their goals and the realization of their dreams. When a Scorpio wants something, they will go for it with all their might. Once they’ve set their mind, it’s really hard to stop them.
Scorpios are exceptionally brave and bold. They aren’t one to back down from a challenge or even a crazy risk. They volunteer themselves to do hard tasks, especially if it involves their family and friends.
What are Scorpio Weaknesses?
Scorpios have this strong need for control, which in turn, makes them seem crazily jealous and manipulative. And the worst part, their possessiveness is often unwarranted. This could also be due to their penchant for analyzing people and their intentions, allowing them to see bad things that aren’t always there.
If a Scorpio believes that someone has betrayed them, they will hold a grudge like no one. They’re big on honesty and truths, so stabbing them on the back or hurting them can make them retaliate. Like their animal namesake, Scorpios can also react aggressively so try not to cross them.
This water sign likes to be in control. Their intensity and fierceness don’t help either, as these only make them think they know what’s best. Scorpios are control freaks who dislike being controlled by others.
Scorpios have this reputation of being too suspicious. Their imagination can also run wild, dreaming up things that aren’t true. Often, this leads to them assuming the worst of everything and everyone. Their paranoid trait also contributes a lot to their jealous and possessive nature.
Who should a Scorpio marry?
Pisces, Capricorn, and Taurus are the best matches for a Scorpio.
- Scorpio-Pisces pair up is a perfect match among the zodiac signs. Their romance will be something out of a dream because they can connect on a very deep and satisfying level.
- With Scorpio and Capricorn, they make a very good team as both their ambitions and values are on par. A Capricorn’s patience and diligence go well with Scorpio’s strong imagination and investigative streak.
- Lastly, there’s Taurus, an opposite sign but turns out to have so much in common. Both signs are serious about their commitment and never give up on their love. Scorpios will love their Taurus partner’s stability and trustworthiness.
Who should a Scorpio avoid?
Pairing up Gemini and Scorpio is like mixing oil and water. They are too different in many ways that it’s hard for sparks to fly. Gemini’s flightiness can make Scorpio insecure and Scorpio’s possessiveness can make Gemini feel smothered. Essentially, both of them speak a different language, be it about love or life. Another bad match for Scorpio is Libra. The initial attraction will be undeniably strong, however, later down the road, they will realize that they’re too different to make their relationship work.
Whereas Scorpio wants the ugly truth, Libra is more likely to just dance around it. Then, there’s Leo, a light-hearted individual who will clash with the broody and too intense Scorpio. A feisty power struggle will ensue since both are incorrigible, stubborn individuals who won’t compromise.